Urgent warning for Quality Street fans to check wrappers after ‘dangerous substance’ found… – The Sun

QUALITY Street fans have been urged to check their wrappers after cops found chocs laced with "dangerous" substances.
Drug dealers have branched out their designs for the Christmas period by imitating Brits festive favourites.
Cops seized £300,000 worth of edible cannabis that had been disguised as Christmas chocolates.
Gangs in West Yorkshire created the gimmicks that were made to look like Quality Streets, Celebrations and Aero Minis.
But after being spiked with "dangerous amounts of THC", they took on the names of 'Quality Heat', 'Calibrations' and 'Ammo Minis'.
Brits have been warned they should check they have the real deal, especially following Quality Street's recent rebranding.
Cops busted the festive haul following a stop and search of a vehicle on December 17.
The driver of the vehicle was reported for summons for possession of drugs.
A spokesperson for the force said: "Please be vigilant if you see these, they can contain dangerous amounts of THC and people sometimes do not realise the danger of consuming these items."
Detectives across the country say drug gangs are targeting teens and even younger kids by rebranding substances as sweets.
Cannabis-laced confections are flooding UK streets, camouflaged by the packaging of renowned companies.
A Sun Online probe in March this year revealed sales of the drugs are soaring – with exchanges even freely taking place on Instagram and Snapchat. 
Dealers are repurposing the designs of renowned UK candy products such as Starburst and Jelly Babies to entice customers.
But the products typically contain dangerous levels of concentrated THC, the psychoactive ingredient of cannabis.
The market for so-called cannabis "edibles", or "medibles", has rocketed as an alternative way of consuming cannabis without smoking or vaping
And demand soared during lockdown periods, with items posted to addresses across Britain.
Drug experts fear kids consume entire bags at once – meaning they ingest dangerous level of THC.
Damilola Olakanmi, 23, died in April after she ate a dope-laced “Gummy Bear” in London.
The law student swallowed just one of the suspected synthetic cannabis sweets before falling ill.
It is thought she bought the Class B treats thinking they were cannabis gummies via a messaging app before they were delivered to her home.

Tragedy as boy, 4, dies at Center Parcs after being pulled out of the water
Strictly legend set to leave show after 7 years in major blow to BBC hit
King Charles throws disgraced Prince Andrew out of Buckingham Palace
Christmas No1 revealed as Beatles' record is smashed
©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. “The Sun”, “Sun”, “Sun Online” are registered trademarks or trade names of News Group Newspapers Limited. This service is provided on News Group Newspapers’ Limited’s Standard Terms and Conditions in accordance with our Privacy & Cookie Policy. To inquire about a licence to reproduce material, visit our Syndication site. View our online Press Pack. For other inquiries, Contact Us. To see all content on The Sun, please use the Site Map. The Sun website is regulated by the Independent Press Standards Organisation (IPSO)
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/


Leave a Comment