PRINCE HARRY could launch a "major coup" following the Sussexes "treacherous" Netflix series that could "attract millions".
One of Oprah Winfrey's pals, CBS morning TV host Gayle King, is said to be teeing up an interview with Prince Harry.
A senior CBS network source told The Mirror: “Putting Harry on a primetime special with King would be a major coup and attract millions of eyeballs.
"One advantage is that she and Meghan are close. Harry would know he has support from her.”
It comes as royal author Tom Bower said Harry’s “treacherous collaboration” with the streaming service had “destroyed his relationship with William”.
This blog is now closed – read our latest Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news & updates…
We've closed this feed down – but you can follow the action with our brand new Harry & Meghan blog here.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry‘s Netflix docuseries returns for the final three episodes on Thursday (December 15, 2022).
Harry and Meghan say they quit the Royal family to forge a life of their own but it remains unclear why they left when they did.
In the trailer Harry is seen grinning on a plane talking about his ‘freedom flight’ but the couple later complain about their security being pulled.
Is there a specific reason they left when they did? Why did they not sort security when they left? Harry dramatically says: “I wonder what would have happened to us had we not got out when we did.”
The Netflix plug also wrongly hints that the couple had their security pulled before Megxit with Meghan saying: “Our security was being pulled – everyone in the world knew where we were.”
As Royals the couples were protected by a steel ring of security and tight press regulations whereas in America they have been targeted by paparazzi and The Sun told earlier this year of breaches at their Californian home.
Royal expert Richard Fitzwilliams believes Prince Harry may not be allowed to attend the coronation of King Charles over “outrageous claim” Buckingham Palace lied for Prince William.
Fitzwilliams told the Daily Star: “This trailer makes outrageous claims. We await seeing how they are backed up.
“What it means is what we anticipated, that the second series on Netflix will be tough watching for the Palace.”
He added: “A statement can’t address these claims properly. The only option is no invitation to the coronation and no or a minimal amount of contact in future.
“There isn’t much the Palace can actually do.”
Darren McGrady, a former chef to the Royal Family, said that Harry was not pleased with his wife’s behaviour in the Sussexes’ controversial new Netflix show.
In a tweet, Darren said: “I’ve known Harry since I held him as a baby while Princess Diana was eating cereals in the kitchen at Windsor Castle.
“The look on his face when his wife laughs about (having to) curtsy to The Queen says everything for me.”
Read more here.
Many royal fans have changed their minds recently on which member of the family they support the most.
Prince Harry and Meghan have received mixed reviews after their documentary was released with many supporting the couples move.
Who gets your support?
Prince William called for a ban on his mum’s famous Panorama interview after journalist Martin Bashir was found to have used "deceitful behaviour" to get Diana to open up.
The Beeb vowed it would "never show the programme" again or "licence it in whole or part to another broadcaster".
It’s understood Netflix was not given permission to use the interview.
Yet Prince Harry allowed the streaming giant to carry two clips, justifying their use saying: “I think we all know that she was deceived into giving the interview. But at the same time she spoke the truth of her experience.”
In the 1995 interview, Princess Diana spoke about “three people” in her marriage as her husband carried on his affair with the now Queen Consort Camilla.
Prince William is likely to be unhappy about the use of the footage as he made it very clear his mother’s interview should "never be aired again" after Bashir spun a web of lies to secure his scoop.
Meghan and Harry refer to "they" a lot throughout the series but it’s not always clear who "they" are.
In the new trailer Harry says "they were happy to protect my brother" – but Netflix has muddied the waters over who the Prince was referring to with two different versions of the promo.
One version, on the Netflix website, carries subtitles which simply references "they", but on Twitter it says Harry is yet again aiming his ire towards the British media.
Harry also makes the claim he and Meghan were victims of gaslighting – but it's not clear who they are accusing.
Prince Harry is likely to keep dropping bombs and royal secrets in another new TV interview, a source says.
The Duke of Sussex is said to be in talks with mayor US networks about sitting down in front of the camera and spilling more about the Royal Family.
An insider told The Mirror that CBS and Penguin Random House bosses have yet to settle on interview and global syndication deals.
They said the details are “very tricky” and CBS executives and King have been trying to keep it under wraps.
Harry’s close friend James Corden is also signed to CBS for his Late Late Show.
The source added: “Do not be surprised to see him on that show, but this type of book suits a news-style programme.”
Prince Harry proceeded to release pics taking the salute at a US base hours after attacking royals in a trailer for his Netflix show.
The Duke, who has been stripped of his honorary military titles, was seen at a Pearl Harbor memorial in Hawaii last month.
Tomorrow he will claim in the last three episodes of his docuseries that lies were told to protect William and he will accuse the Windsors of “institutional gaslighting”. Meghan will moan she was “fed to the wolves”.
Royal expert Margaret Holder blasted: “Harry does not represent our monarch or military. This was a private visit. By doing this he is left wide open to accusations of running a blatant public relations campaign.
“I cannot see why the Americans allowed this. He has no real right to be there and take the salute from the current officers.
“It’s an indication of how much he values his connection with the Army which was the only time in his life he felt his role was valid and actually doing something on behalf of Queen and country.”
Meghan Markle teases the Sussexes security saga in the latest trailer for the series, claiming "our security was being pulled".
Royal expert Tom Bower, author of Revenge, dismissed the suggestion the Duke and Duchess had their security withdrawn before Megxit, saying it was “shockingly untrue”.
ROYALS fans demand Meghan Markle and Prince Harry provide "evidence" The Firm lied to them as the couple released a third trailer.
The first three episodes of the couple's docuseries, titled Harry and Meghan, launched on Thursday and dives into the pair's "love story" as well as their feud with the Royal Family.
But ahead of new Netflix episodes this week, the pair appear to take a fresh swipe at the Royal Family in the latest trailer for the controversial show.
In the 1 minute trailer, the prince accuses the Palace of "not telling the truth to protect" him and Meghan but being happy to lie to protect brother William in the clip.
But fans have demanded the pair provide proof, with one tweeting: "Evidence please or this is just another love in for Meghan and Harry, without any proof whatsoever, a bit like Meghan and Harry’s story really."
Following the release of their Netflix documentary, Meghan Markle and Prince Harry have faced calls to have their titles stripped.
The Sussexes have unleashed a barrage of attacks on the Monarchy since stepping away from their roles as working royals.
Is it time for them to be stripped?
Royal expert Jennie Bond believes King Charles will keep shtum about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix docuseries, unless they speak about one particular subject.
Speaking with OK!, Ms Bond said: “The three words that come to mind when I consider how the Royal Family must be feeling during the run up to the release of the next three episodes are despairing, dismayed and disappointed. she told OK!
“They’ll be hurt and pained. Charles must be distraught that this is going on and on.”
Bond continued: “It’s really unlikely Charles will respond to Harry and Meghan’s documentary unless there is a direct hit on Camilla.
“He and his staff are well aware that if you comment on a story, it gives it legs.
“The best way to shut it down is silence. And Charles probably believes it more graceful and dignified to respond, if he’s going to, in private.”
Though it briefly knocked Wednesday from Netflix’s number-one spot and has caused quite a stir, Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s docuseries has not gone down well with critics and audiences.
Critics scored the show 50% on Rotten Tomatoes and has been labelled by them as “bland,” “unquestioned self-promotion” and includes claims “that definitely do not add up”.
Audiences are even less impressed, scoring Harry & Meghan just 12% on Rotten Tomatoes from thousands of audience reviews.
A body language expert believes Prince Harry will never to return to the Royal Family.
In an exclusive with the Daily Star, Body language expert Inbaal Honigman said: “The new trailer is very revealing of Harry’s inner workings when he talks about his escape.
“When he says he wonders what would happen had they not got out when they did, his hands are in front of his face, which shows a sense of control.
“The hands tap over one another – tap, tap, tap – then rest. This is Harry reliving the feeling of getting out, hurrying out of the situation, then resting where he is.
“The gesture shows that he believes this to have been a one-way journey, and he never intends to be back.”
Honigman continued: “When Harry recalls how he said ‘we need to get out of here’ he rests his head on his hand, showing deep thought, and then he immediately lifts his fingers to cover his mouth.
“There may be more to the story which he is not revealing.”
King Charles wishes to find a way to recognise that he will be serving multiple faiths during coronation oath, according to sources at Buckingham Palace.
The Constitution Unit at University College London, in a report — Swearing in the New King: The Accession and Coronation Oaths — advised the new King swear to protect every religion, not just the Church of England.
The oath taken by the Queen was to be the “defender of the faith upholding the rights of the Church of England”.
But that did not fit with life in 21st century Britain, and a change to the coronation oath would help reflect our multicultural society, the report said.
The King has expressed an interest in serving other faiths, as well as the Church of England, for a number of years.
In 2015, then-Prince Charles said: “I mind about the inclusion of other people’s faiths and their freedom to worship in this country.
“And it’s always seemed to me that, while at the same time being Defender of the Faith, you can also be protector of faiths.”
According to a source Princess Kate is “hell-bent” on retaliating to claims made in Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s £88million Netflix docuseries.
The source told In Touch: “Kate’s ammunition could potentially destroy Meghan.”
They added: “The docuseries is the final nail in the coffin for Harry and Meghan’s relationship with the royals.”
According to the same source, the Princess of Wales has been “inundated” with offers for interviews.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will not be welcome in the UK following their Netflix docuseries, according to royal author Tom Bower.
Speaking to Page Six, Bower said: “I can’t imagine they’ll be welcome. I don’t think Harry will ever be welcome back in England.”
He added: “I think he’s [Prince Harry] just cutting himself off from it all. You know, he is turning himself into an outcast, and I don’t think anyone’s going to be looking to — to see if he’s welcome here. And … with her, she’s finished now for sure. And he’s on the verge of being finished.”
Good Morning Britain (GMB) presenter Richard Madeley has weighed in on the controversy surrounding Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix docuseries.
Madeley was discussing the doc on this morning’s GMB with Royah Nikkah, the Sunday Times’ royal editor, journalist Maverine Cole and co-host Susanna Reid.
Madeley asked Nikkah: “What we saw in the first three episodes and will probably see in the next is a complete abandonment of caring what the media thinks, because the media absolutely went after them after the first three – they don’t care, do they, what the media thinks?”
Nikkah replied: “That is definitely right, I know from someone who speaks to Harry that [he] just assumes automatically that every time there’s a story [in the British press], it’ll be negative… of course he doesn’t care what the media thinks.
“I think he stopped caring quite a long time ago, although that hasn’t stopped him suing them.”
Madeley later said Harry comes across as a “very damaged man”, which Nikkah agreed with, saying it was linked with the death of Diana, his mother, when he was only a 12-year-old boy.
The conversation has been criticised on social media, with one commenter saying it was “completely disgusting” to say Harry was “damaged”.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are on the outs with most of the Royal Family following leaving The Firm, releasing their Netflix docuseries and speculation surrounding Harry’s forthcoming tell-all book, Spare.
But according to royal expert Katie Nicholl, Princess Eugenie and husband Jack Brooksbank are among the few royals Harry and Meg maintain good relations with after stepping back from royal duties and moving to the USA.
Speaking with OK!, Nicholl said : “Eugenie and Jack are very close to Harry and Meghan.
“It’s actually one of the few close relationships Harry and Meghan have retained in the royal family.”
Authors Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand, in their book Finding Freedom, contend Harry and Eugenie’s roles within the Royal Family formed the basis of their close relationship.
They wrote: “Like Harry, Eugenie also struggled to carve out her own identity growing up.
“Not being in a senior role meant that she had to go out into the world and find her own path, which she has done, moving to New York in 2013 to work at Paddle8, the auction house run by Misha’s husband and Harry’s friend Alexander.
“Harry had always confided in his cousin when it came to the women in his life.
“Not only did he trust her implicitly, but friends say that she gives great advice and has always been ‘beyond wise’ for her years.”
Eugenie was one of the very first people Harry told about Meghan and was eager to introduce them.
Meghan Markle and Prince Harry‘s Netflix docuseries may cause King Charles to ask what the late Queen would have done, a royal expert has claimed.
Royal commentator Jo Elvin said: “I wouldn’t be surprised if the King has very quickly started clinging to a new mantra: ‘What would [Queen Elizabeth II] do?’
“On the matter of how to handle this incendiary docuseries, publicly he’ll want to avoid any comment or action that keeps this soap opera being discussed and getting more tawdry by the hour.
“Privately, however, he may need to overcome his reported desire to evade conflict and get everyone talking.”
Elvin added: “However varied recollections may be in the family, I think finding a way to heal Harry and Meghan’s pain should be a priority, because it seems that otherwise they’ll never run out of the energy to complain and explain.
“A loving mention in his first Christmas address would be a dignified power move.”
The latest Netflix trailer for Harry & Meghan shows the Duchess of Sussex is “a delusional drama queen”, according to a royal expert.
Asked if he thought Harry was saying his brother has favoured status, Rafe Heydel-Mankoo told GB News: “Spare may be the title of his upcoming book, but I think ‘spare me’ is really the reaction I have to all of these trailers that we’ve seen.
“I’m just glad Her Majesty the Queen isn’t around to see this, to see her own grandson betray her memory, her family and of course the institution that’s given him and his wife everything and upon which their current continued fame continues to rest and from which they clearly continue to profit to a great degree.
“By watching this trailer, I could really understand why Harry and Meghan got so panicked after the Queen died unexpectedly. I don’t know whether you remember, in the Autumn, we were told that they were trying desperately to get Netflix to delay the release of this documentary or to cut bits out of it, because I think they felt it went too far.
“But they didn’t have that final say, and I can see why Netflix would want to go ahead, because if the trailers are going to go by, there is quite explosive stuff here. Especially Meghan saying that she wasn’t being thrown to the wolves, she was being fed to the wolves…”
Lorraine Kelly has implored Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to get on with their lives and stop talking about their families after the second instalment of Harry & Meghan is released on Netflix on Thursday.
On her breakfast show, Lorraine, Kelly said to showbiz correspondent Ross King: “This has got to stop.
“Once this comes out on Thursday, once the book has come out…. they can’t just keep talking about their families.
“They’ve got to then build their own lives…. and for goodness sake they’ve got two gorgeous healthy children, they love each other very much, a beautiful big house.”
She added: “It’s like enough already, enough enough!”
Prince William is reportedly deeply disappointed with his brother's choice to show Martin Bashir's "deceitful" Panorama interview with Princess Diana in his explosive new documentary.
The future King had pleaded the interview "never be shown again" and is reportedly "infuriated" that Prince Harry included it.
The MailOnline has reported a palace source said the Prince and Princess of Wales had not yet watched the documentary but had been told what it included.
There has been a shock revelation about Prince Harry and Meghan Markle’s Netflix docuseries.
Many viewers believed the Sussexes filmed the interviews in their family home in Montecito, but it has been revealed they used a $33 million mansion ten minutes from their own.
The Mail on Sunday reported Harry and Meg chose the location, 888 Lilac Lane, most probably to protect their privacy.
I'm charging family for Xmas dinner for 6th year – people call me a Scrooge
I hate bras – people tell me I ‘should wear' them but I’d rather die
Brave mum shares how she gets Xmas dinner for £5 using a ‘guts of steel’ method
I've covered the floor with our kids' Xmas presents, trolls call it ‘sad’
Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click this link: thesun.co.uk/editorial-complaints/